Dear Friends and Followers,
As a founding board member I’d like to let you know that Triangle Bikeworks is about to begin its 4th year of youth programs: cycling, camping, bike recycling, and leadership training. The New Year is just around the corner and I hope you’ll remember us in your year-end giving plans. It’s with your generous support that we’ve been able to accomplish so much for the youth of our community. Not only are you helping build confidence in future leaders but you are also helping to build the next generation of environmental stewards.
From contributions like yours we have grown from serving 9 youth in 2010 to over 300 youth through various programs that include our high school leadership program: Spoke ‘n Revolutions, our outreach efforts such as Kidical Mass in two communities, and the all-new 2013-2014 middle and high school youth cyclocross program, Team Hammercross, that produced 5 state champions.
Now, more than ever we need your help. In the upcoming year, we plan to:
- Expand our reach with additional youth programs in Durham and Orange County
- Promote physical activity through newly developed ride clubs
- Open a bike workshop for “youth only”
- Continue donating bikes to low income youth in Atlanta, GA. & expand to Rosedale, MS. (giving back to a hard struck town that graciously gave to us during the 2013 summer tour)
- Advocate for youth cycling at the 4th Annual Youth Bike Summit in NYC & League of American Bicyclists’ Annual Conference in Washington DC
Please consider supporting Triangle Bikeworks by:
- Donating used cycling clothing, gear, camping equipment, and especially bikes
- Making a $35 donation by check or online at www.trianglebikeworks.org
- Attend our annual fundraiser, Bicycle Film Festival in September 2014
In 2013 alone, we cycled from Baton Rouge, LA to St. Louis, MO following the stories of the mighty Mississippi River, for a total of over 15,000 combined miles. That’s nearly 1,000,000 calories burned! Our graduates are attending college all around the country, participating in AmeriCorps programs, or serving our country in the military. Our five state cyclocross champions are Triangle area youth, who before being introduced to cyclocross by us, were unfamiliar with the sport.
It’s from donations like yours that create unimagined opportunities for youth. Our programs allow them to have fun being physical. That’s when they exceed their own expectations for success!
Can we count on you to help us get off to a strong start in the coming year by sending your $35, or more, donation to us today? Please help us make a difference and remember us on “Giving Tuesday.” A day dedicated to giving back.
Triangle Bikeworks operates as a 501(c3) nonprofit organization and donations are tax deductible. For more information or to make a donation online, please visit our website: www.trianglebikeworks.org. Thank you!
Suepinda Keith, co-founder Triangle Bikeworks